|Published||November 13, 2022|
|Location||Vernon Hills, IL|
Demand Generation at Rust-Oleum is a strategically important function focused on telling compelling stories to achieve sales growth, brand affinity, and user connections to generate, nurture and drive demand with end users.
The Manager of Media Strategy is a critical member of the Strategic Communications & Demand Generation team who reports to the Director of Strategic Communications & Demand Generation and is responsible for defining and driving a purchase strategy executed through in-house, agency and retail media that leverage a holistic set of end-user centric results and insights. Responsibilities will include:
- Develop media strategy aligned with Rust-Oleum’s growth and profitability goals of delivering 10%+ CAGR or 3x market pace (whichever is greater) for each business segment and platform
- Develop detailed path to purchase based upon end user insights and indentify most effective media for building brand affinity; project intent and sales for specific target segments
- Lead media agency and retail media programs
- Define strategy to optimize in-house social media purchases
- Evolve media purchase strategy based on conversions
- Build Rust-Oleum brand awareness and affinity
- Inspire end-users to take on more projects
- Educate end-users and build confidence when using Rust-Oleum products
Results And Insights
- Harness first-party and third-party data to understand end-user motivations, challenges and successes of multiple target audiences
- Partner with Data team to develop reporting structure and KPI dashboards, leveraging data from media agency, influencer and earned media software tools, social listening, search analytics, etc.
- Working in conjunction with the content strategy manager, drive optimization based upon real-time insights; measure effect upon purchase intent, point of sale and brand affinity
- Drive conversions through optimized, cohesive marketing content that harnesses best-in-class marketing capabilities
- Measure and communicate e-commerce and in store conversions
- 8+ years of digital advertising/media buying in an agency or corporate environment (consumer goods experience preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations or related field
- Experience using digital advertising/social media channels, tools, techniques and best practices for business
- Experience analyzing marketing data and social analytics and identifying/communicating key insights
- Working knowledge social listening and publishing tools including social listening software; experience with Sprinklr and/or Brandwatch a plus
- Working knowledge of web, search and social analytics tools; experience with Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, or Pinterest Analytics a plus
- Team player with the ability to collaborate across a cross-functional team
- Strategic Planning: Is proactive, forward-looking and can anticipate trends. Has vision and can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Change Management: Ability to adapt to change, anticipate future needs, is flexible, overcomes resistance to change, and demonstrates managerial courage
- Problem Solving: Is able to understand and evaluate complex issues and devise and implement successful solutions. Is focused on results, can see hidden problems, and takes logical approach and probes fruitful sources for answers. Is proactive and decisive in nature
- Communication: Has effective verbal communication and presentation skills, has effective writing abilities (clear and succinct), had executive presence, has active listening abilities, and can convey important or critical messages that have the desired effect.
- Collaboration: Identifies opportunities for shared resources, seeks partnerships, is a team player, and involves others. Builds commitment, fosters open dialogue, and supports diversity and input from all team members. Is open minded and transparent.
- Decision Making: Uses critical thinking skills, has a track record of making high quality decisions, does not hesitate when making decision, is confident, and is action oriented.
- Developing Others: Coaches others and nurtures emerging leaders. Is a keen listener, provides challenging/stretch assignments, encourages development, confronts and deals with performance issues effectively and delegates tasks effectively in order to develop others.
- Judgement: Adopts strategic, analytical and carefully weighted decision-making process in the evaluations of alternative scenarios.
- Financial Acumen: Has demonstrated financial acumen, business case and fundamental P&L and ROAS; and understands cost implications of decisions.
Integrity & Commitment: Demonstrates integrity, has commitment, shows moral courage, demonstrates emotional intelligence, is values-driven, respects the Company culture, and demonstrates responsible entrepreneurship. Has a can-do attitude and the desire to go above and beyond
Rust-Oleum is an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, or any other protected class.