|Published||September 21, 2022|
|Location||New York, NY|
CertiK is a pioneer in blockchain security, leveraging best-in-class AI technology to protect and monitor blockchain protocols and smart contracts. Founded in 2018 by professors from Yale University and Columbia University, CertiK's mission is to secure the web3 world. CertiK applies cutting-edge innovations from academia to enterprise, enabling mission-critical applications to scale with safety and correctness.
About the Role
The primary responsibility of this role is for CertiK's security-related services. Intersecting cybersecurity and blockchain, CertiK's security offerings include security consulting, security reviews, security auditing of smart contracts and blockchains, verification of smart contracts, penetration testing, and more. We are looking to hire someone with a passion for Rust, and a deep understanding of the blockchain protocol, distributed computing, and security. Candidates should have an eye for detail and have a passion for combining their skills with a flair for creativity and insight to hack smart contracts. This is a fun and challenging full-time position. If you are excited about hacking, threat modeling, scanning, auditing, designing, and enhancing the security of smart contracts across the board then you will thrive in this role. While you work with clients, we will also provide you with plenty of opportunities to get involved with research and development efforts to help us raise the standards of blockchain security.
* Own threat modeling and security assessments of new assets/tokens, blockchains, DeFi protocols, and smart contracts
* Lead code reviews of systems that interact with the blockchain, smart contract
* Recommend code changes to eliminate vulnerabilities
* Improve our processes and offering and strive for the satisfaction of our clients
* Proficiency in system-level programming in Golang/Rust/C++.
* 3 or more years of software development experience using any systems programming language (e.g. C, Rust, Golang and/or wasm)
* Minimum of BS degree in CS or related field. Preference is MS or PhD
* Experience developing software in or an interest in learning the Rust programming language.
* Experience with reverse engineering of source code analysis
* Experience researching or developing or debugging exploits
* Strong interest in Web3/Blockchain/DeFi
The exact compensation at which this job is filled will be determined by the skills and experience of qualified candidates.
CertiK is proud to offer medical, vision, and dental insurance, 401(k) plan with company matching, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, HSA (with high deductible plan), FSA, and other benefits to all full-time employees, along with flexible paid time off and holidays.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
CertiK is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law.
CertiK will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
All CertiK employees are expected to actively support diversity on their teams, and in the Company.