|Published||November 10, 2022|
|Location||New York, NY|
About the Company:
Currently valued at $1B and backed by leading investors like Andreessen Horowitz and Coinbase Ventures, Worldcoin is a new, collectively owned global currency that will be distributed fairly to as many people as possible. Worldcoin will launch by giving a free share to everyone on Earth. We believe that this is an essential step to accelerate the transition towards a more inclusive global economy, providing new ways for everyone to share future prosperity. We hope you'll join us on our ambitious journey.
About the Team
Scale is at Worldcoin's core. The Protocol team is responsible for fulfilling this mission in a decentralized way by imagining, building, and maintaining trustless systems that can scale to billions of people. One of the ways we do this is through a privacy-preserving protocol that powers WorldID using state-of-the art cryptography. We are active in the Ethereum ecosystem, and work with the wider community to solve limitations around blockchain scalability. Our team builds Rust services deployed on Kubernetes clusters that generate and verify zero-knowledge proofs and interact with the Ethereum Blockchain and various Layer 2 solutions.
About the Opportunity
This is a unique opportunity to lead the development and roadmap of a significant component of our Protocol, which allows for privacy at-scale. This is the first step in our roadmap towards a privacy-preserving digital identity ecosystem.
In this role, you will:
- Work primarily in Rust, with some exposure to smart contracts in Solidity, TypeScript and Go.
- Work on the latest technologies and developments in blockchain and cryptography.
- Lead by example by contributing as an engineer in feature development and code reviews.
- Work closely with and learn from experts in domains like AI, cryptography, blockchain all the way to hardware manufacturing.
- Lead a nimble team of blockchain engineers to execute on product and company-wide roadmaps and help improve engineering and implement best practices.
- Take ownership over deployed services that power our scalability solutions.
- An advocate for always delivering high-quality code.
- Deep expertise developing services in compiled languages, preferably Rust.
- Prior experience with Kubernetes, devops, blockchain development, Layer 2 scalability or zero-knowledge applications are nice-to-haves, but not required.
- A curiosity and passion for Web3, open-source code, privacy and digital identity.
- A bias towards action and willingness to roll up your sleeves to get things done.
- Self-driven - you're not afraid to take risks and make big bets.