|Published||November 18, 2022|
|Location||Los Angeles, CA|
Second Spectrum is a Sports Emmy-winning data & tech division of GENIUS SPORTS that is building the next way of seeing sports by capturing the highest quality data for many of the world's largest leagues and federations such as the NFL, NBA, EPL, MLS, and the NCAA.
Player and ball location tracking is the foundational data layer upon which nearly all Second Spectrum products are built. You will design and develop our real-time tracking systems that deliver tracking for thousands of soccer and basketball games. Specifically, you will
* Integrate low-latency algorithms in collaboration with the computer vision, artificial intelligence, and augmentation teams.
* Develop performative code targeting cutting edge devices both in the cloud and on-premises.
* Build highly autonomous systems to scale our technology and minimize the need for manual intervention.
* Collaborate on tools and frameworks that support the developer experience and velocity across the engineering organization.
What You Have:
* Proficiency with Rust and/or TypeScript
* Experience with architecting and benchmarking high-performance, real-time systems
* Enthusiasm towards framework development
* Team-first mindset
* Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment
* You care about your craft
* Learning and mentoring mentality
* 3+ years of industry experience
* Additional systems-level languages such as C++ or Go
* Message brokers such as Pulsar, RabbitMQ
* Devops experience with Docker
* Experience with AWS (S3, ECR, SQS, SNS, RDS)
* Experience with live event deliverables and on-call support
* React, GraphQL
Our Work Environment and What You Will Benefit From:
* Cutting-edge products to work on for major professional sports leagues and teams.
* Team-oriented engineering habits and software engineering best practices (readable, maintainable, and efficient code).
* Flat hierarchy and collaborative management led by experienced and strong technical leads.
* Innovative and dynamic environment, which encourages self-development and opportunities to make an impact.
* Multicultural team with employees based across several countries (e.g., Switzerland, Denmark, France, United States).
* Potential for Equity/Bonus, Flexible work culture, Competitive salary, Medical and dental benefits, 401k match
Genius Sports Group is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We recognize and celebrate the benefits that a diverse and inclusive workforce bring to our business, our customers and our staff. We welcome and will consider all applications regardless of age, disability, gender re-assignment, marriage, pregnancy, maternity, race or nationality, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation (and any other status protected by applicable law)