Senior Platform Engineer, Identity Team – Python, Go, or Rust – REMOTE!
|Published||September 20, 2022|
Remote, exceptional environment, fast growing organization
This Jobot Job is hosted by Nicole Crosby
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply" button and sending us your resume.
Salary $150,000 - $210,000 per year
A Bit About Us
Founded in 2012, we are a YC unicorn whose mission is to make shipping simple for businesses. Shipping, now more than ever, is the backbone of the global economy, but integrating the technology-enabled operations of a modern business with the low-tech and complex shipping industry has always been a challenge. We solve this problem with the first developer-friendly REST API for shipping, and we continue to push boundaries and discover new ways to simplify shipping for all. Our team is rapidly growing, and this is the perfect time to get on board. Join us, and help build the shipping infrastructure of the future!
Why join us?
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Competitive compensation package and equity
- 401(k) match
- Monthly work from home stipend of $100 net
- Flexible work schedule and paid time off
- Collaborative culture with a supportive team
- A great place to work with unlimited growth opportunities
- The opportunity to make massive contributions at a hyper-growth company
- Make an impact on a product helping ship millions of packages per day
The Platform Engineering teams develop scalable, performant and pragmatically designed backend software systems.
The Platform Identity team is responsible for
- Enhancing our existing authentication services and security
- Expanding the platform to support the third party authentication and authorization
- Ensuring the security of our customers sensitive information
- Identify and manage fraudulent activity
We’re seeking passionate, talented software engineers who are interested in reducing logistics friction to the lives of millions of people, amazing personal and professional growth, and having a real impact on our products and customers. The empowerment we provide will remind you why you love to code, want to build APIs, and work on unique challenges within a collaborative team of developers to build meaningful solutions.
What you will do
- Responsible for designing new, and modifying existing, services to be highly available, scalable, correct and efficient
- Own services that fit in a distributed Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) using a mix of synchronous and asynchronous communication and processing
- Contribute to overall system design in a highly collaborative environment
- Create and debate multiple solutions to a variety of problems with a diverse engineering team
- Nurture other engineers through direct interactions, well composed documentation and group sessions
- Work with leadership to create a practical roadmap that supports our existing customers and creates opportunities to gain new ones
- 5+ years experience with at least one of Python, Go or Rust
- Experience with, or interest in MySQL/Galera, Cassandra, Redis and Kafka
- Have worked on large, complex applications with shared ownership
- Makes incremental improvements in quality, performance, correctness and scale of various services
- Committed to using the right tool for the job in the context of a greater engineering community
- Identifies what needs to be done, collect data, present options and communicate tradeoffs
- Understands horizontal scalability and decomposing a monolithic application into smaller, loosely coupled services
- Strong opinions on how to structure interactions with external and internal services
- Experience with REST, HTTP/HTTPS
- Experience with existing identity management or access delegation protocols like SCIM, SAML or OAuth is preferred
- Experience with Rust is a bonus
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply" button.