|Published||November 15, 2022|
|Location||Santa Fe, TX|
Braintrust is the only network that gives in-demand talent all the freedom of freelance with all the benefits, community and stability of a full-time role. As the first decentralized talent network, our revolutionary Web3 model ensures the community that relies on Braintrust to find work are the same people who own and build it through the blockchain token, BTRST. So unlike other marketplaces that take 20% to 50% of talent earnings, Braintrust allows talent to keep 100% of earnings and to vote on key changes to improve the network. Braintrust is working to change the way freelance works – for good.
- JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position (no agencies/C2C - see notes below)
- LOCATION: Remote Work from anywhere
- RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $100,000 – $120,000/yr
- ESTIMATED DURATION: 40h/week - Long-term
This is a full time, in-house contractor job. They need a fully dedicated resource, you may not have side jobs.
Key Qualifications And Experience
- Five to ten (5-10) years of experience with software development in a low-level language
- At least one (1) year of experience working with Rust specifically
- Knowledge of git and open source development tools
- Working knowledge of the Linux kernel and networking is desirable
- Basic understanding of web technologies is desirable
- Independent and able to stay on task in a remote environment
- Analytical skills, ability to break down complex problems, ability to independently make and defend design decisions
- Ability to learn new languages and design patterns with reasonable ease
- Strong oral and written English communication skills
- Start-up company experience
- Sick of over-engineered “enterprise” trash
- Believe in the importance of free communication and open source software
- Experience with cryptography is a plus
Our client is a growing company seeking to hire a highly experienced Rust Developer. The role will be responsible for taking ownership of software components and striking the right balance between brevity, performance, and assurance of correctness.
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.