|Published||December 2, 2022|
|Location||New York, NY|
At 3Box Labs we are on a mission to usher in a new era for the web, where data is secure, interactions are trustworthy, and relationships are the basis of connection. We're enabling online experiences that are delightful and integrated while also bolstering privacy and freeing innovation. Our first product, Ceramic, is the building block for composable data on the web and is powering thousands of the world's most ambitious applications.
We're backed by an incredible community and the best investors in the space (USV, Placeholder, Variant, Multicoin) who have deep conviction in our mission. We are a lean, voraciously curious team from across the globe, with 5 years of expert remote work experience and frequent (and awesome) team retreats to spend time together. We have founded tech startups, written books, won product awards, authored patents, created Ethereum standards, and advised F100 CEOs.
Come help us tackle novel challenges and reinvent how data is managed online. Every one of our roles is remote first (retreat often!). We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive team because we cannot succeed in our mission without it. People that identify with groups traditionally underrepresented in tech are particularly encouraged to apply.
As a Senior Rust Engineer at 3Box Labs you will lead the implementation of the Ceramic protocol in Rust. You will help the team get more familiar with the Rust language as you learn and work on problems related to distributed consensus, peer-to-peer networking, cryptography, object-capabilities, and more. This position reports to Alex, Lead Protocol Engineer. This is new headcount as we grow our team's tech capacity and expand into a rust codebase for better scalability and performance.
Success looks like…
* Our Rust code base has great quality and is following best practices for code formatting, tooling, and documentation. You will also ensure that our test coverage is top notch as well as made sure that the crates that we rely on are of great quality
* You will work with the rest of the team to help improve their skills in the Rust language as they are actively contributing to our new code base. You're helping to unblock people without getting stuck in implementation details
* With the help of protocol developers on the team you're up to speed on how the Ceramic protocol works and you are starting to contribute by giving feedback on various protocol design decisions
* Ceramic's performance and security is significantly improved. With the help of the team you will successfully identify parts of the protocol where high leverage performance and security improvements can be made and address these
You're likely a good fit if you have...
* Intimately familiar with a systems programming language and its toolchain. Ideally Rust, or is learning it.
* Experience working in large code bases
* Built and supported infrastructure software used by other developers to run their production applications
* A commitment to testing and an understanding of the importance of robust testing frameworks
* Strong communication and collaboration skills, and a desire to work as part of a team committed to a common goal
Care: We work with passionate teammates committed to a shared purpose and support each other to work better and live well.
Act with intention: We are thoughtful doers who put as much into why and how we do something as what we do.
Go further, together: Our mission is too big for us alone. We cultivate trust, ask for help, and build momentum together.
Drive incredible impact: We aim for massive impact and we deliver.
Benefits and Perks
* Our benefits align with our values and operating model - we want everyone to help own and drive our purpose in their own way, with compensation and benefits to match.
* Generous equity for everyone
* Competitive salary that is fair across the globe
* Unlimited vacation and flexible working hours
* Budgets for learning, thought leadership, and community events
* In person team retreats twice a year
* Healthcare benefits
Discover more about our company and interview process here.