Software Engineer – Cloud Database (Rust)
|Published||March 8, 2023|
|Location||Santa Clara, CA|
RisingWave Labs is a series-A start-up that innovates next-generation database systems. The company develops RisingWave (https://github.com/risingwavelabs/risingwave), a cloud-native SQL streaming database for modern real-time applications.
RisingWave is a cloud-native streaming database that uses SQL as the interface language. It is designed to reduce the complexity and cost of building real-time applications. RisingWave consumes streaming data, performs continuous queries, and updates results dynamically. As a database system, RisingWave maintains results inside its own storage and allows users to access data efficiently. Headquartered in San Francisco, RisingWave Labs was founded in January 2021 by a group of experienced database researchers and practitioners from leading companies, such as AWS, Microsoft, Google, LinkedIn, Uber, etc. As a remote-first company, RisingWave Labs has full-time employees working from 7+ different time zones.
RisingWave Labs has raised more than 40 million USD from top-tier VC funds and angels.News: www.risingwave-labs.com/blog/risingWave-labs-raises-36M-in-series-a-funding/
- Participate in the code review of all kinds of pull requests
- Implementation of a sizable feature/functionality
- Design and implementation of new features/functionalities
- Lead the design and implementation of new features/functionalities
- Explore new directions for our product
- Mentor new hires and interns
Sound Like You?
- Familiar with at least one of the following programming languages: Rust (the language we use), C/C++, Java
- Design and implementation of database systems
- Experience with distributed computation algorithms
- Familiar with hardware performance characteristics
- (Preferred) Experience developing in Rust;
- (Preferred) Experience developing streaming systems, such as Flink, Storm, Samza, Spark Streaming, etc
- (Preferred) Experience developing database systems, such as CockroachDB, TiDB, ClickHouse, DuckDB, etc
- (Preferred) Experience developing big data systems, such as Hadoop, Spark, Presto, Hive, etc
- (Preferred) Experience benchmarking, profiling, optimizing, and developing performance-critical systems
- Competitive salary
- Performance bonus
- Medical benefits, enhancing your health and wellbeing
- Flexible work locations (anywhere around the world!)
- Clear career development plan
- Great career development opportunities in a growing company
- GitHub: https://github.com/singularity-data/risingwave
- Blog: https://singularity-data.com/blog/risingwave-a-cloud-native-streaming-database
- Slack community: join.slack.com/t/risingwave-community/shar...
RisingWave Labs is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.