|Published||September 7, 2022|
|Location||New York, NY|
We are looking for a senior software engineer to join our Native Client Platform (NCP) framework engineering team. The NCP framework team is responsible for building and maintaining a Rust GUI framework used to deliver Disney+, Hulu and ESPN+ apps to millions of customers around the world.
You are an experienced, performance minded and customer focused Rust engineer that is ready to push the boundaries of UX on streaming media devices that vary from older cable or satellite boxes to the latest game consoles.
Whether you're in New York or California, we provide opportunities to elevate your career and to transform an industry.
We truly believe we offer a unique opportunity for any technologist to:
* Build on an innovative technology stack
* Work with an outstanding team of engineers on award-winning, sophisticated apps and systems in a highly collaborative team environment
* Have an influence on products used globally by millions
* Take pride and joy in their work
* Have a work/life balance
* Iterative development of our NCP GUI framework
* Writing and maintaining unit and integration tests
* Answer questions and or triage requests in
our support channel (~2 hours/week)
* Feature planning
* Architectural enhancements
* Mentoring junior team members
* Presenting solutions and participating in team meetings
* 5+ years professional software development experience
* 2+ years of personal or professional Rust experience
* Writes idiomatic Rust code
* Understands common design patterns and architectures
* Experience building GUIs and/or other software frameworks
* 2+ years experience contributing to a shared code base with 5+ engineers
* Experience working with a version control system eg. Git, Perforce or CVS
* Familiar with project management software eg. Jira
* Degree in CS or relevant work experience
* Familiarity with set-top box development and specialized SoCs
* Experience with OpenGL/EGL, OpenGL ES, Vulkan, Metal, etc.
* Active member of the Rust programming community
* Experience building media applications
* Team player, works well with others
* Open-minded, autonomous and resourceful
* Rigorous, adaptable and solution oriented
* Maturity to receive and give constructive criticism
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company's international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Tech, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Tech is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Apply NowApply Later
Current Employees Apply via My Disney Career